This guide is a follow-up to my previous blog post ” Sustainable and Low Waste Gift Ideas”
This list is curated with small BIPOC businesses (with the exception of a couple) who care about sustainability. Whether it’s locally sourced materials, sustainable and/or organic materials , low waste principals when it comes to making and sending out the product or supporting local artisans.
- Hip Camp – For a digital Gift Card. Listings for the whole US, to camp or glamp!
- National Parks pass –so they can go to any national park in the us for a whole year! I’m linking it to the REI website, but can be purchased in many places. Also linking the REI page that shows other available passes to national forests.
- Todo Verde- for virtual cooking classes .
- SalviSoul – virtual cooking classes .
- Peoples Yoga – Virtual Yoga Class gift cards.
- Herbalism Courses and mentorships offered by Essence the Herbalist and Dr. Jacqui.
- Loba- offers many things, herbalism courses, garden courses, plant medicine and much more!
- Nick Hummingbird– offers California Native Classes, posted on his Instagram page.
- POT LA – Pottery classes gift card.
- Gardening Master class – like Ron Finley’s gardeningone!
- Garden consultation – with me! I offer digital gift cards for a 1-1.5 hour garden consultation.
- CSA box- from places like Sow A Heart Farm.Or a Farm Box that directly supports LA Garment Workers.
- Composting Pick- Up service- a WOC owned business like Compostable LA.
- Humble Bloom– a CBD wellness shop featuring diverse and BIPOC brands.
- The Green Girls CO – a directory of BIPOC Cannabis shops and brands in the US.
- Black Thumb Garden– a new garden non-profit that is offering tea blends and bath salts to support their Fellowship Program.
- Xalish Medicines -Indigenous Plant Medicine which I have personally purchased and used.
- Holy Wild– elixirs, fire ciders, herbal smokes and much more!
- We are all Daughters – tea blends, body care and candles.
Consumables for the body:
- Willow & Oak – one of my favorites is Nikki’s deodorant! Which either comes in a recyclable/ reusable tin or compostable tube!
- Yukon soaps– Indigenous handcrafted soaps and much more!
- Nizhoni Soaps– a young 12 year old Diné who makes soaps with their family!
- Live Like You Green It– organic & zero waste skincare products and vegan friendly too! Black Women owned.
- Brujita skincare– sustainable and organic skincare products. Latina Owned.
- YayForEarth-an organic skin face lotion that I have been using for a couple of years now!
- My Wild Muse– low waste artisan soaps and candles!
- Skin to Soul– natural made skincare products, including soaps and salves.
- Issa Skincare– sustainable beauty products. I have personally used their lip to cheek duos and sunscreen!
- Reel Paper Co– Black owned plastic free bamboo toilet paper.
- Brush with Bamboo– Bamboo compostable toothbrushes.
- Greene Piece– New York based, but offers indoor plant consultations!
- Latinx With Plants– LA based indoor plant shop.
- The Plant Chica– another LA based indoor plant shop.
- Whit Hazen- for your flower needs!
- Orenda Tribe– upclcyed and restored vintage pieces.
- Almu– Pre-loved vintage and modern clothing.
- Crew Vintage Co. – A couple that puts great staple and neutral vintage clothes.
- Mika Thrifts– secondhand and vintage homehomegoodsgoods, sales are through instagram .
- & for Vintage– beautiful vintage clothes.
- Sustainable Maria– up-cycled clothing
- Happy Dance Vintage – all sorts of beautiful vintage pieces.
Slow Fashion and Sustainable clothes:
- Kuychi Cauldron– naturally dyed clothes with natural fibers.
- Sotelo – small ethical, sustainable and inclusive clothes.
- Wasi Clothing – WOC limited handmade clothes with South American sourced textiles, based in L.A.
- Ginew – Couple owned and the only Native American-owned denim line.
- Proclaim – nude lingerie made with “earth-conscious fabrics”.
- Galerie LA– Black owned shop offering a selection of sustainably made clothes.
- Mien Studios– inclusive and sustainably made clothes.
- Two Days Off – Black Women owned, made to order sustainable pieces.
- Oaxcaca black mug – a beautiful mug made with Barro Negro in Oaxaca by Zapotec Indigenous Women brought to you by my dear friend Karen Ramos aka Naturechola (at checkout click Karen). Plastic free packaging too!
- Green Girls Co– ceramic smoke ware that supports intersectionality and equality in the Cannabis industry.
- Fire and Stone Ceramics – LA Based, Queer WOC owned, making minimal and rustic ceramics.
- Gopi Shah Ceramics -WOC handcrafted ceramics.
- Wild Gina– An amazing Black photographer featuring much of Mother Nature’s beauty!
- Jitterbug Art by Latasha Dunston – love her work, she actually did the Cero Waste Cindy Logo on this website! Check out her artwork!
- SweetgrassNSage – Native artwork!
- Fox and the Fawn– Native made Jewelry. I absolutely love Kayla’s work, so much that my engagement ring was custom made by her!
- Ukaome – beautiful glass bead jewelry.
- Kotah Bear – Native owned store offering jewerly from Native American Artisans.
- Guava Mood -simple small shop jewelry!
- Hey Moon Designs – minimal and earth-toned clay jewelry.